Financial aid includes both grants and loans, which help students and their families pay for college. Completing all items
on this checklist allows the College to determine your eligibility for federal funding. If you do not wish to use financial aid,
contact the Financial Aid office to find out your next steps.
Institutional Application for Financial Aid
This form is filled out after you submit your online application for admission to Galen. Log in to the MyGalen Student Portal at Galencollege.edu/InstitutionalApp and electronically complete this document.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Go to the FAFSA website and log in using your FSA ID.
- Before you start, make sure you have your Social Security number, tax information and Galen school code 015924.
- If you are younger than 24, you may be required to provide your parents’ financial information when completing the FAFSA. To find out more, visit StudentAid.gov/dependency.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool option to prevent errors.
Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
HAVE READY: FSA ID • Driver’s license number • Social Security number • Two personal references who do not live together or with you. You will need their complete addresses and phone numbers.
Go to studentloans.gov.
- Click LOG IN and sign in with your FSA ID.
- Click COMPLETE LOAN COUNSELING and follow the instructions. First-time loan borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling; previous loan borrowers can complete either Financial Awareness Counseling or Entrance Counseling.
- Click COMPLETE LOAN AGREEMENT (Master Promissory Note) and follow the instructions to complete MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans.
Check Your E-Mail Often and Stay in Touch!
Completion of these steps will allow for the determination of your eligibility for federal funding.
We will e-mail you if further information is needed to finalize your financial aid package.
An email will be sent when your financial aid award letter has been completed
and is available to view on the student portal.