The following are the technology requirements necessary for all students to participate in their coursework. For assistance verifying that your computer meets the minimum requirements and is configured properly, please contact technical support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org). For more support information, visit Galen’s support page.
Browser & System requirements:
OTHER TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS
- Microsoft Windows 7 or better (10 preferred).
- Mac OSX or higher
Computer and Memory
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 4GB RAM or higher (recommended)
- 20 GB of available hard‐disk space
- Speakers or headphones
Canvas on Mobile Devices
- Mobile Browsers
– Safari (default browser with limited Canvas support)
– Chrome (default browser with limited Canvas support)*
Word processor and other desktop programs
- Internet connection
- Broadband or Cable (recommended)
- VPN services must be disabled on your device in order to access Galen systems and resources, including your coursework in Canvas. Using a VPN service may result in your access being restricted.
- Chrome 95 and 96
- Firefox 93 and 94 (*Extended Releases are not supported)
- Edge 94 and 95
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
- Safari 14 and 15 (Mac only)
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or greater recommended
If you alternate between different web browsers, you will need to ensure your plugins are up to date in both browsers.